The first Baptist Church in Worcester began in 1658. In the late 19th century that church (now based in Sansome Walk) established several branches around the city including one in the Red Hill area. In 1983 Red Hill Baptist Church became a church in its own right. It had a small chapel in Cannon Street and met on Sundays in local schools for many years. We recognised the church could be much more fruitful if we had a purpose-built church centre and after much prayer, planning and sacrificial giving by members, we were able to open the church centre in St Peter’s in 2007. At that point we changed our name to St Peter’s Baptist Church.