1905 was an important year. The church had requested Sansome Walk to grant it the privilege of partial self-government similar to that given earlier to Kempsey. This meant in practice the setting up of a management committee responsible for the day-to-day running of the fellowship – previously everything had been run from Sansome Walk. The request was granted and the first committee comprised Messrs E.T. French as Superintendent, R.T. Blake, F. Wheeler and G.W. Foss. The name of Edward Thomas French was of course recorded for posterity when a plaque ‘sacred to his memory’ was placed on the chapel wall following his death in 1912 and is still there today. Over the years up to independency there was always representation from the deacons of the ‘mother’ church on the management committee, the first being Sam Rogers and James Hawkins.