What is Pastoral Care?
Discipleship – Trusting God in the tough times!
We all go through trials in our lives; these are inevitable. During these times we want to provide support that will help individuals to trust God and faithfully follow Him despite difficulty. We aim to walk this path with you in prayer and offering practical help.
Love – We are called by God to love each other!
Jesus set us an example of radical love. He calls us in turn to love each other. We aim to foster an environment at SPBC of mutual love and care at all times, sharing in each others’ lives. Pastoral care is our response.
Matthew 12: 30-31 – The Greatest Commandment!
‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbour as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these.
What we can offer
- Listening – We don’t pretend to have all the answers but we can listen
- Visits – We will be pleased to meet with you to talk and pray
- Meals – We can provide a rota of meals for short periods of time
- Practical help – such as cleaning or DIY jobs
- Transport – such as a lift to a hospital appointment
We will treat all situations with confidentiality and respect. We will not judge, diagnose, recommend medication, try and be social services or any other agency. We may signpost to professionals where appropriate and be quick to recognise when the situation is out of our skillsets. We will not be a cheap DIY service!
How to access Pastoral Care:
- Small Groups – These are the first points of contact for pastoral care
- Ministers – Please speak with one of our ministers
- Phone – Please call the church centre: 01905 767090
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org