To encourage the church to demonstrate and work for love, compassion and justice in our world – locally, nationally and internationally.
Duties and responsibilities
- To identify and raise awareness of social needs.
- To promote opportunities for social action and encourage people to take practical action to address some of these needs.
- To encourage participation in national and international campaigns that are seeking justice, peace and righteousness in the world.
- To encourage prayer at both an individual and corporate level on justice issues – locally, nationally and internationally.
- To provide feedback to the church on the impact of social action projects and the effectiveness of the campaigns the church gets involved in.
Agreed: January 2013